KNOW YOUR JEWELRY: CUBIC ZIRCONIA
The costs of high end jewelry can range from thousands of dollars or even millions. Jewelry can be a huge investment and many people are willing to splurge on it! But if you are really into fashion but you’re on a budget and you don’t want to break the bank, there are cheaper alternatives to satisfy your lust for jewels! One of the most popular options are Cubic Zirconia Jewelry.
Cubic Zirconia are much more affordable than real diamonds but nevertheless they still look exquisite. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors and are turned into these luxurious looking designs.
Style and sophistication doesn’t have to cost that much! All you have to do is to:
- look for the one that not only suits your budget but also your style and its purpose;
- Are you going to use it everyday or is it for a formal event or party?
- consider the setting
- cheaper cubic zirconia jewelry are usually set in plated metals and can be worn for a limited time only since it is susceptible to rusting
- the more expensive ones are set in real metals, stainless steel, silver, and gold—prices may be higher but they are definitely worth the price since you can use and keep them for a longer time;
Proper care and Cleaning:
However, because cubic zirconia tend to absorb oils and are softer than diamonds, they easily get scratched or become cloudy with time. But of course, if well taken care of, you can definitely preserve its sparkle and charm.
- Take off your cubic zirconia jewelry when you do the laundry and when you clean. Chemicals from detergents and other cleaning agents will make the stone look dull.
- Avoid exposing them to cosmetic products such as makeup, powder, hairspray and lotion.
- To restore the clarity and shine of the stone, use a small soft brush and hot water with mild soap to remove dirt. Rinse it with warm water and pat dry with a soft and clean cloth.
- If the setting is rhodium plated, avoid using jewelry cleaners or polishers.
- if the setting is made of quality metals such as 14k and 18k gold, sterling silver, silver plate and platinum can be cleaned with any good jewelry cleaner.
You may check out NIKouture and you’ll see a wide array of cubic zirconia and other chic jewelry that you can wear everyday or for special occasions.